The author must attach two files: identified submission and unidentified submission.
Unidentified submission: It must not contain your name, or that of other authors, or affiliations. This file will be sent to the evaluators. Authors should also make sure that submission files do not contain identifying information when saved as Word 2003, Word 2007 or a Rich Text Format file. Articles with identified authorship information will not be considered for review.
Identified submission: Complete work or abstract including your name, other authors' names and affiliations. If your paper is approved, this file will be used in the conference proceeding.
Executive article submission should follow the structure below:
˗ Paper: size A4 (29.7 cm x 21 cm);
˗ Paper Orientation: portrait;
˗ Margins: Top - 3 cm, bottom - 2 cm, right - 2 cm, left - 3 cm;
˗ Text Editor: MS-Word (2003 or later);
˗ Times New Roman, size 12;
˗ Spacing: single;
˗ Paragraph: justified;
˗ Pages: minimum of 04 (four) and a maximum of 16 (sixteen), including tables, figures, references and endnotes. The title should appear on the first page;
˗ Insert page numbers (footer aligned to the right);
˗ Use endnotes instead of footnotes;
˗ Figures, tables and graphs: must be editable on MS Word, Excel or Power Point (Times New Roman size 10);
˗ Citations and references: according to APA (American Psychological Association) or the Brazilian norm ABNT (Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas);
˗ Abstract: 250 words at most;
˗ Key words: up to 3 words.
Structure and Style:
- Title: maximum 5 words. It should reflect the essence of the text and at the same time be attractive to the reader. We recommend to avoid the more descriptive academic lenguage and adopt a journalistic writing.
- Structure: We recommend to use for the manuscript a four or five-section structure, as in the example below:
- Opening: One or two paragraphs in which the author(s) summarizes the main aspects of the manuscript. This section should allow the reader to rapidly understand what is the topic of the manuscript and the authors’ approach to the proposal.
- Development: No more than two or three sections in which the author(s) may develop in detail all the central aspects of the manuscript Please note that for each of these sections, the author(s) has to create a small caption. Each caption should emphasize the core idea of the section.
- Conclusion: Conclusions and shutdowns represent essential items of an incisive manuscript. We strongly recommend to avoid concluding the text with a mere summary of what has been said in the previous sections of the manuscript. The author(s) should conclude the manuscript with advices which stimulate the reader to think critically to the research topic), implications to the retail practice.
- Inserts: Tables and figures are an integral part of a well-written article. Are used to support conclusions or illustrate concepts. However, we suggest to use tables and figures sparingly because an excess in the use of graphic elements may overload the manuscript and compromise its linearity. Tables and Figures should be edited in Word, Excel or Power Point with Times New Roman (size 10) font.
- Figures: It is the visual representation of information through flowcharts, graphs, maps, organization charts and plans. It should show the title at the top and the font at the bottom. The file must be in high quality;
- Tables: It is the visual representation of the numerical information, distributed in rows and columns. It should show the title at the top and the font at the bottom. The title should contain the nature and scope of the data presented.
˗ Only manuscripts and presentations in Portuguese, English or Spanish will be accepted;
˗ The number of authors in each article / extended abstract should not exceed 04 (four);
˗ Each author / co-author may submit a maximum of three articles / extended abstracts;
- The inclusion of one or more authors to the manuscripts will not be accepted after the submission.
Remember: The best scientific (full-text) and executive papers can be considered for publication in the following journals:
• Marketing Intelligence & Planning
• Retail RAE (Business Administration Magazine) Forum
• Executive GV
• Brazilian Marketing Magazine (REMark)